23 February, 2010

setting up house

After 2.5 years of eating off cheapy metal plates and bowls that i hated...i got me some dishes. i think when i moved here i didnt realize the enormity of starting over...like i knew i would have to find friends and a job, the big stuff, but it was the buying of tape and dishes and sheets and towels which has sort of sucked. Mostly becuase my Moms house is full of all my Philadelphia tape, dishes, sheets and towles. Lord knows my mom would love to have her closets back, shes got stuff of her own to fill them with. Sending that stuff to me just isnt fiscally fesable and i can get everything here. trouble is quality. One of the misconceptions in moving to india is i figured i'd just get everything here it will be cheaper. what i didnt realize is that the stuff here is cheaper as in cheap quality. here you have to pay American prices to get American quality...and there are thing you need you cant skimp on, tape, dishes, sheets and towles. sleeping on cheap sheets suckes and useing a cheap towel leaves your skin feeling icky.

so these are my new dishes...and i love them...



and this is my blackberry. just had the photo thought i'd share...

2 comments:

w!L. said...

Congrats on the new goodies. :)

Mariah Gary said...

you have a blackberry!!! don't lose it...