04 January, 2010

"in and out" isnt just a burger joint

Growing up a little girl on the farm, one of my favorite things in the world was that on Jan. 1 of every year 'The Washington Post' would put out an "In and Out" list. Anything that was cool or to be cool was on the “in” side…and anything totally “out” (like the word totally) would be on the “out” side.

I loved it.

Looking back now I probably didn’t get half the items they listed, I was on a farm, not knee deep in the big city of DC but regardless I drank it up...it made me feel like I knew what was happening out “there". My neighbors didn’t know, but I did. That made me better faster, smarter, and not one of them! Of course they were delivered the exact same paper we did but kuch bhi; I was like 13ish and made me feel hip!

So in the grand tradition of this great newspapers list, I have done my own...see below and live it!!!

(and for some reason i can not get the justification correct so deal!!)


Out.........................In
Kylie.......................Gaga
Khans.......................Kapoors
Perezhilton.Com.............Stylerookie.Com
Renaldo.....................Sanath Jayasuriya
Ambivalence ................Cards on the Table
Mylie Cyrus/Taylor Swift....Anybody Else
Sex/Drunk Hook Ups..........Victorian Sensibilities
People in their 20’s........People in their 40’s
Abs.........................Bellies
Sway Calloway...............Johann Wald
Non-Fat Mocha Lattes........Black Coffee
Rickshaw Drivers............IT Nerds
Twilight Books/Movies.......Warriors (Warrior Cats Series)
Booze.......................Mango Juice
Tiger Woods.................Kumar Sanakkara
Blue Eyes...................Moustaches
Gap.........................Indian Terrain
American Style..............European Style
China House.................Aer
Hrithik Roshan..............Ranbir kapoor
Twitter.....................Phone Calls
Upen Patel..................JCAC (Jan)
Dinner......................Breakfast
Marvel Comicsl..............Steam, Clock, and Dieselpunk
Garfield....................Garfield Minus Garfield (Old But…)
Kingfisher Beer.............Tiger Beer
5 Star Hotel Meals..........Pot Luck Dinners at Friends
Branded Clothes.............Train Station Clothes
Bollywood...................Japanese Cinema
Benetton....................Lacoste
Scotch on the Rocks.........Vodka Shots
Obama.......................Annise Parker
Kathy Griffin...............Regina Hall
Universal Healthcare........Home Remedies
Facebook....................Myspace, it’s coming back bitches
Wally Lamb..................Tao Lin
Mika........................Patrick Wolf
Craig.......................Craig

enjoy the year...i love everyone!!

1 comment:

w!L. said...

Kylie's out?! How dare you?!!!!!!!!! hahaha, GaGa's good too, don't get me wrong, but Kylie's a classic! >:)