12 March, 2009

Bye Pauline!

many of you may know one of my favorite things in the world is a little British show called Eastenders! It began in 1985 and in the states runs on PBS and is exactly five years behind the British show its great!! One of the original cast members just died and i am sad. Her name was Wendy Richard she was 65.
On Eastenders she played Pauline Fowler, tough talking wise-cracking launderette worker...she ran a tight ship. She is missed around Albert Square.


She was also famous for another role very close to my heart, that of Miss Brahms in the series Are You Being Served?


She had many other roles and was a staple of British TV...

My thoughts also go out this week to Zimbabwe's Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai over the loss of his wife Susan...They are fighting for the countries freedom and it is very sad loss for him as well as Zimbabwe.

2 comments:

Wil said...

I've never seen "Eastenders" but I used to LOVE watching "Are You Being Served"! :D Sorry to see her go...

Another Kiran In NYC said...

Awwww I am so sorry to hear about wendy Richards.

I adored her in Are you being served.