29 November, 2007

bollywood blues

this week i have been suffering from the blues...it is mostly due to the nasty, nasty cold i picked up...I've just been cocooning in my room...reading, playing sudoku.

it is also partly due to being at a crossroads with the whole bollywood thing, I've been on a couple of really boring shoots this week and it hasn't been fun...originally i said i would do bollywood until it stopped being fun. this week has not been fun...but i think i just need a break...

a bollywood break to figure out what i want to do with it...i can keep being an extra or i can really jump into "the scene" and push for parts and call agents everyday and really make a go of it...i just need to figure it all out...

i need a Colaba break. Colaba is the are where i have been staying. it is where all the tourist stay. the tourist are dirty and boring and just want to do drugs all the time and sometimes i feel as long as i am in colaba...i am a tourist..yuck! hopefully, tomorrow i will be moving in to my "flat". i've been playing phone tag with my realitor.

i also need a break from my clothes...i packed all wrong...its so unlike me to have packed wrong but i did and now i am sort of stuck with stupid clothes and wrong shoes...but once i relocate i can sort that out

so it all boils down to it's time to move on...i have been really stressed about this move...just because nothing is set in stone and i am to move tomorrow...and that freaks me out...

alright, this is boring me, complaining here, so i will tell you something good...

if you have not yet read "a thousand splendid suns" log off the internet, and run to a bookstore. it may be my new favorite book..OK my second favorite...nothing can touch "a suitable boy". this book is beautiful and complex and...just be warned it is the very definition of a tear jerker...

before i got sick this week, i went to a wedding, which was fun...i danced, the Indians laughed (ouch!) and i ate and ate and ate...more than i thought humanly possible...food has turned out to be a huge part of my day...i cant seem to get enough Indian food...i love it..i love it, love it..i love it!
the wedding was of the daughter, of the owner of my hotel, his name is "the captain". he is blind and his wife is a total bitch. i see the staff hide from her all the time...they told me she only comes to the hotel, where the captain and staff live, "an hour everyday to collect money and bark". the staff is made up of 5-6 young guys (15-20) they live at the hotel, at night they sleep on the floor of the lobby...they are really nice, but hardly speak a word of english..i think its a good job for them...i just wish they were better at toilet cleaning!

ok so thats india today i am feeling better today (health wise) and i would rather be down in bollywood than up anywhere else so don't fret (mom)...life is still awesome!

1 comment:

Wil said...

A global cold? I was sick for a few weeks too and so is EVERYONE else I know. Hope you feel better sir. Good luck on the move tomorrow (hope it happens!) Miss you, don't be blue, makes me sad and miss you more. :(